Last Updated on September 10, 2022
Note: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, I recommend products and services I’ve personally used and may receive a commission if you purchase them too. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
In the wake of the ongoing pandemic, e-commerce is the most lucrative opportunity for existing as well as new businesses. If I say that it is currently at a boom, it would be an underestimation.
With such a high level of internet accessibility and fast growth in smart device usage, it is becoming easier to buy and sell products and services online.
Ecommerce is expected to see a growth of 20% in the current year. According to the second-quarter report from the Census Bureau in the U.S., the United States retail e-commerce reached $211.5 billion.
This figure represented an increase of 31.8% from the first quarter and 44.5% year-over-year. E-commerce also accounted for 16.1% of total retail sales in the second quarter, an increase from 11.8% in the first quarter of 2020.
But starting your e-commerce operations and making them successful may not be as easy as it sounds. The barriers to entry might be low but the hard work is still ample.
The key to growth and survival is to substitute this hard work with smart work. Instead of taking a solo flight, go for a little help.
Freelancers could represent 80% of the global workforce by 2030.
This is where Fiverr comes in. It is the largest and most comprehensive online platform for a diverse range of freelancing expertise and skills. The sellers on Fiverr promise to deliver quality results within a specified time period and an affordable budget.
Know more about Fiverr here:
Watch More Videos Here: ASH KNOWS Simplified
Why Go for Fiverr?
Fiverr currently has over 7 million users and freelancers. These include writers, graphic designers, and web developers making up much of the workforce.
According to statistics, a freelancer gets a job assigned every 4 seconds on this platform.
1. Offering the Same Expertise But with a Smaller Price Tag
Fiverr can help scale your e-commerce business efficiently. You need not be worried about the budget blowouts. Affording an e-commerce specialist becomes possible for even a small start-up, through this platform.
2. Benefit from a Better and Larger Pool of Expertise
According to expert predictions, by the end of 2020, almost 48% of the US workforce will be freelancers.
Fiverr provides a large and diverse source of human capital that has varying expertise and specializations. Based on your requirements you can select people with the right set of skills that you need for your business venture.
3. Work with More Experts
With freelancing services, you can hire as many specialists as you want even if they are all working on the same job.
4. Faster Growth and Better Results
Ecommerce might sound simple but it is complicated. There are several underlying jobs and activities that need to be taken care of for successful e-commerce operations. Hiring from Fiverr ensures many tasks are run simultaneously, thereby cutting down on not just costs but also time.
According to a study, 33% of all Fortune 500 companies go for freelancer skills and services.
5. Increased Ability to Focus on Vital Issues
When you plan on doing everything yourself or through a specified number of employees, there are chances of burnout. By hiring freelancers you can focus on the decision-making and the core competencies that make you what you are.
How to Grow Your Ecommerce Business with Fiverr
Here are the 20 best ways to grow your e-commerce business with Fiverr. Have a look:
1. Start with a Plan
You may have thousands of ideas hurling up in your head, but not all of them are feasible. Building a business plan gives your idea the business strength it requires.
Many e-commerce entrepreneurs start their venture with a half-page mission statement or no business plan at all. But that does not take them very far.
Highly qualified and professional freelancers on Fiverr can help you do this job wonderfully.
A good business plan helps you to:
- Plan your growth and expansion in real terms.
- Incorporate risks and contingencies.
- Present a plan for getting investment and funding.
- Forecast business goals and objectives.
- Make predictions about financial figures.
2. Market Research
You have an idea and a business plan and you have already started to work on a small scale. But does this mean you can make it big in the larger market? To validate the future of your eCommerce business, you need market research and expert opinion.
Fiverr provides a large resource of professionals and small-scale agencies that can do market research for your e-commerce business and provide you with much-needed information at a much lower cost.
Using Fiverr Freelancers for Market Research you:
- Get to save money on large firms.
- Have a well-analyzed view of the target markets.
- Understand user characteristics.
- Get information on competitors.
- Get an overview of market dynamics.
- Are better able to select the right business strategies.
- Ensure effective positioning of your business.
3. Develop a Website
This is essential for almost every business that you can think of. Without a functional and attractive website, you simply fail to capture the interest of the tech-savvy customer of today.
For all kinds and statures of e-commerce business, you cannot start without a website. There are over 2,000 freelance experts in WordPress development on Fiverr alone.
Instead of going for highly expensive web development companies, you can browse through Fiverr to:
- Find reliable and professional web designers and developers.
- Do wonders for you at a fraction of the cost.
- Capitalize on a large pool of human resources.
- Help generate leads through a greater amount of traffic.
4. Set up Your Ecommerce Store
A functional website is important but moving one step further you need a system for the execution of e-commerce operations. For smaller businesses, this requires technical support.
If you are looking to take your website to the next level by integrating e-commerce with it, find a reliable and experienced professional through Fiverr to save you money and efforts.
5. Align an Online Marketing Strategy
Should you advertise on social media? What type of online content should you upload? How should you develop your online activity calendar? What are the digital marketing tools that you should employ for your niche?
These and many more questions can only be answered by digital marketing experts and e-commerce professionals.
On Fiverr, you can find thousands of digital marketers and consultants who can:
- Guide you and your business effectively on a smaller budget.
- Plan for the changing eCommerce environments.
- Help align your strategies with the fluctuating characteristics of potential customers.
- Capitalize on evolving technologies.
6. Design a Logo
If you are a start-up or even an existing business wanting to revamp your presence in the digital world, you need a creative logo to match your brand.
Most entrepreneurs have an idea ready but are unable to polish their creativity for designing a digital logo.
On Fiverr, you can find highly qualified and experienced logo designers and graphic experts who can help you design your logo in a better way.
According to facts and figures, there are over 9,000 graphic designers on Fiverr specializing in logo creation only.
Using the latest applications and software, Fiverr freelancers can help to:
- Give your idea life.
- Reflect on your brand theory.
- Incorporate your color preferences.
- Give attention to the minutest of details.
- Come up with a logo that is unique and has a strong impact on the target market.
7. Google Optimization
Fiverr is the place to look out for some great freelancing experts to help you optimize for Google listings.
You need to hire a freelancer to do this job because:
- It requires technical know-how and expertise.
- For succeeding digitally you should position yourself well on Google.
- Whether you are a brick-and-mortar company or a virtual business, listing yourself on the first page of google will ensure profitability.
- Making your digital presence optimized for search engines may not be your specialization.
- Unless you are qualified and trained for SEO, you need to hire a digital marketer.
8. Get Active on Social Media
Social Media statistics from 2019 show that there were 3.5 billion users worldwide. With sustained growth in this number, it was almost 45% of the world’s total population.
Fiverr professionals help you outsource your social media marketing worries and feel the peace of mind that you will have a great campaign.
Hiring the services of social media marketers from Fiverr is a good option because:
- Whether you like it or not, social media is here to stay.
- Nearly every person that you know may use one or more of these digitally powered platforms.
- Winning real customers requires a business to win social media users
- Creating specially designed advertisements for various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram requires expertise and skills.
9. Outsource Your Social Media Accounts
Instead of just outsourcing your ads, you can let Fiverr professionals grab the reins of your social media accounts. This may sound a little too controlling but for growing businesses, this may require a dedicated expert for constant up-gradation and content marketing.
Fiverr can save you money, time, and effort by hiring a freelancer to do the job for you.
10. Create an Infographic
Fiverr has a large pool of infographic designers and creators that can help you come with a unique feature for your business. Designing infographics provide a lot of exposure to your brand.
Some of the major benefits of infographics include:
- For success in any business, you need to capture the attention of your potential customer and make them aware of your products and services. An infographic can help you achieve this goal.
- It allows you to highlight the strengths of your products and services at a glance to the relevant social media users.
- Has a stronger impact with more attractiveness for the audiences.
11. Get Yourself a Virtual Assistant
Fiverr can help you get in touch with several budding prospects and candidates who will be willing to do various time-consuming tasks like:
- Answering phone calls.
- Checking and replying to emails.
- Entering data.
- Documentations and much more.
Being the leading force behind a thriving e-commerce business means you have a lot on your hands. Busy routines and tough schedules often take your focus off the bigger issues. You are forced to work on multiple roles, finish the tedious tasks and do time-consuming activities that are less trivial.
Hiring a virtual assistant for yourself can take a lot of pressure and responsibility off your shoulders.
12. Optimize Your Website for Mobile Usage
Undoubtedly mobile web surfing is one of the largest potential markets for customers. If you already have a website that is not optimized for mobile screens then you have work do to!
There are more than 5.19 billion mobile phone users and still growing.
If you leave this aspect of online web management you are sure to lose a very large market of potential clients.
Web development freelancers on Fiverr can help you out effectively.
They can revamp your mobile optimization with new buttons, contact pages, easy-to-navigate, and visually clear screens.
13. Create New and Better Product Descriptions
Ecommerce is all about selling your products and services online. The product descriptions that appear on your website or portal are an essential part of the potential customer’s buying decision-making process.
It is a vital piece of information that showcases the product or service along with its major features, characteristics, and functions.
Using Fiverr freelancer writer, you can:
- Create new innovative and effective product descriptions.
- Revamp your existing ones for better insight into your products and services.
- Capitalize on the writers. They know about buyer psychology and are familiar with SEO to make your product stand out among the crowd.
14. Outsource Your Data Entry Operations
One of the most tedious and time-consuming activities in businesses of all types is documentation and data entry. Who would like to dig into lengthy, complicated spreadsheets while their expertise is needed in more valuable decision-making? No one!
Fiverr helps you hire data entry operators at low costs and specializations in this field. You save time, effort, and money through this process.
15. Creating New Web Content
We all know that e-commerce success cannot survive with only a functional website. There is much more effort to it than it sounds.
Why do you need new web content from Fiverr freelancers?
- You need to have compelling content to keep attracting traffic to your website or portal
- Talking in numbers, just getting web traffic is not enough; you need productive leads. And to get those productive leads, you need powerful content on your page.
- You can get access to a large pool of creative writers and web content creators who can help you come up with interesting and relevant text and keywords for SEO.
Whether you are looking for blog posts, product descriptions, articles, information, or any other type of web content to place on your website, these writers can help you out.
16. Develop a Digital Commercial or Video
With more and more focus on visuals and graphics, today’s world of digital business is incomplete without videos and commercials.
By 2020, businesses will spend $110 billion on digital advertising in the US alone.
For the online success of any business, you need to:
- Develop compelling and interesting videos
- Create advertisements that are targeted for relevancy
- Make influencing videos to attract and convert potential customers
Hiring a digital advertising agency can be a good choice but may be too heavy on your small pocket.
So, for small businesses looking to add some digital extravaganza using videos and advertising commercials, Fiverr is a great place.
With a small budget, you can get the services of professionals:
- Video directors
17. Add a Little Animation
What you cannot say with video, you can say with animation. Animation creates a much stronger impact on the potential customer than a simple text or picture.
Hiring a Fiverr freelancer graphic designer or animator to create small clips or product explanatory videos can do magic for your e-commerce.
18. Go for Podcasting
Believe it or not, podcasts can help grow your business. Although a relatively less talked about digital marketing tool or form of media, it can help your company reach out to a larger and newer target market.
The international podcasting market size was valued at 9.28 billion dollars in 2019 and is expected to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.5% from 2020 to 2027.
Fiverr freelancers can help you because:
- Most entrepreneurs and business managers fail to find time to create podcast content in their busy work schedules.
- You may not also have the right equipment and technical know-how to create something like this.
- They can help create scripts, do editing, generate feedback mechanisms, and even do podcast promotion for you.
19. Facilitate Training and Education
A growing concern in the current pandemic situation is the training and education of the workforce. Organizing lectures and workshops in the scenario are quite challenging. A good solution to this problem is creating online or video content for the purpose.
Even in normal circumstances, some organizations like to capitalize on the expertise of remote lecturers and specialists in a particular field without having to have them physically present there.
Fiverr provides ample opportunities to business owners and managers for:
- Creating e-learning and online training content.
- Helping video production.
- Designing animation.
- Developing presentations.
- All sorts of educational programs.
20. Introduce a Blog
Business blogging can help you boost your presence both in the virtual as well as the real world. However, blogging is not very easy. It requires time, effort, and skills. Not every small startup business can afford to have a professional blogger on their permanent team.
Fiverr freelancer writers can write and create various types of content on a diverse range of topics and subjects. With expertise in SEO and keyword appropriation, they have a greater chance of creating attractive as well as likely searchable content.
You can hire their services for:
- Regular blogging.
- One-time project.
- Varied assignments.
It all depends upon your own requirements and budget.
How to Choose the Right Seller on Fiverr for Your Ecommerce Business
After going through the 20 ways of growing your eCommerce business, you must have clarity about your revamping or uplifting goals. You need to jot down the list of the features that your eCommerce business requires.
Once you’ve done that, you must be wondering how to go about choosing the best Fiverr Freelancer for the job.
People might think that it is a tough decision to make, but believe me, with just a few clicks here and there, you can come up with the right option.
Here are some tips that you keep in mind while searching for the right seller for your project on Fiverr:
1. Narrow Down Your Requirements
Being specific about what exactly you want from a freelancer can solve a lot of complications. Do not go for generalized skills and expertise. Narrow down your requirements to specific requirements.
When you are searching on the platform, Fiverr provides related suggestions about your searches.
2. Critically Review the Seller Gig and Profile
Every Fiverr freelancer has a portfolio to display. This can tell a lot about the skills, specializations, experience, and track record of the individual.
You should look out for samples and performance metrics of his or her prior works and projects.
The profile also displays reviews from previous clients. This is a great feature to gauge the level of expertise and skills a freelancer has.
It also helps you understand the strengths and weaknesses of a freelancer and whether he or she will be able to do your job.
3. Matching the Price with Your Budget
For all types of successful business operations, you need to follow a budget. Likewise on Fiverr, while going out to search for a freelancer service, decide on your budget first.
Fiverr offers a feature to include your pricing preferences in your searches. This allows you to narrow down your options to the pricing that suits your requirements.
4. Be Clear About Your Expected Outcomes
For any type of goal achievement, you need to clearly specify the expected results. The same is true while working on Fiverr. You need to share your requirements with the exact results that you expect from the freelancer.
Do not generalize your requirement but communicate with well-defined goals and objectives to achieve.
Fiverr provides new business ventures and small-scale companies an opportunity to tap on professional and qualified individuals’ expertise and skills in various fields and industries. It is a great way of enhancing your e-commerce business potential by leveraging on freelancer services.
You can increase your productivity and profitability and at the same time cut down on unnecessary costs.
Fiverr allows businesses to expand their diversity and capabilities by hiring the services of experts from all over the world.
Download Your FREE Fiverr Guide Today!
Some Personally Chosen Articles for You to Read Next:
- Detailed Introduction to Fiverr – How Does Fiverr Works?
- Beginner’s Guide to Make Money on Fiverr in 2021
- Top 40 High Demand Gigs on Fiverr in 2021
- How to Post a Gig on Fiverr in 2021
- How to Find Most Searched Keywords on Fiverr